Reporting to the Shift manager and working with a supervisor, as an Warehouse Worker, you will be responsible for filling customer orders from tickets to meet a set daily quota. You will fill orders manually by walking and using a pallet jack or riding jack in a warehouse environment.
At the beginning of your shift, you will complete a daily pallet jack inspection form. You will then read the customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
As a Warehouse Worker, you will:
- Be responsible for the fulfillment of Customer Orders by retrieving and stacking specific product and quantities as specified on the Pick Ticket, Computer Screen assigned on a pre-determined conveyor and, or pallet. This is accomplished by traveling throughout the Warehouse Pick Area and building stable pallet(s) of product, meeting or exceeding Warehouse, Company expectations regarding safety, accuracy, and efficiency.
Additionally, you may:
- Retrieves and places quantities of Cases of Product onto a pre-determined pallet as instructed by the assigned Pick Ticket, in a manner that is safe and builds a stable pallet of product, while meeting or exceeding Warehouse, Company expectations in safety, accuracy, and efficiency
- Travels to and transports pallets of stacked Product to different areas of the Warehouse via a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) - Pallet Jack - in a safe and efficient manner
- Assists in Warehouse cleanliness and housekeeping as assigned or as needed
- Performs daily PIT Checklist and alerts Warehouse Management of any issues discovered
- Corrects any mistakes discovered and informed of by the Checker to product and, or quantity
- Performs miscellaneous activities as directed to support the efficient operation of a warehouse in a dynamic environment
Your success will be measured by attendance, safety, and your ability to meet productivity goals.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.